February 10, 2005

Oh ... Way To Go !

This post might seem a bit out of character for me but I'm so ... um ... disturbed right now that I might burst if I don't address it in writing.

I live in Cowtown, Connecticut. It's not the real name of my town but it may as well be. We made the news tonight. This is rare because, well, it's Cowtown.

So get this! It seems an eight year old boy at a local elementary school decided today, for whatever reason, to tell a fellow classmate of his (a boy) that he loves him. This set off such a despicable chain of events that there ought to be a movie about it.

After he did this, and as kids will do, a rumor was started that the boy is gay. (He's eight years old - a baby) Now, the kids at the school started to throw things at him and call him names. They taunted him throughout the day. Finally, the child was sent to the principal's office. The principal, pinbrain that he surely must be, took it upon himself to lecture this boy (eight years old) about why he shouldn't be gay, and how homosexuality is evil!

There is so very much wrong with this whole mess that I don't know where to begin. I have three faithful readers on my blogsite and since I'd like very much to keep them, I hesitate to over-vocalize on this matter ... but I simply must say that this principal ought to be shot through his right testicle, and then his left.
This is not, in any way, to be misread as a threat. I don't know the man, and have no intention of getting to know the man ... I'm very glad I'm no closer to this situation than I already am - living in the same cow town.

Forget about taking the poor boy (eight years old) into the shelter of his office and asking if he's alright; let's just get him in there to completely destroy any sense of security or respect he might ever have had in figures of authority outside his home. Let's teach him that something he said, which may not even have the slightest thing to do with homosexuality (he's fucking EIGHT), was wrong, filthy and "evil." Let's make this little kid sorry he's even alive - for today anyway. Let's make this baby understand that he must NEVER express himself, at any cost.

I need to step away now. I think I'm finished. I only hope this principal is - forever.

Dammit.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,

The true sadness of this story (as you have said) is the trauma that has been set upon that eight-year-old boy. We can only hope that his parents/parent, will pursue the right course of counseling and support for their child. I, myself; would love to guide that principal through a course of therapy (physical comes to my mind) that would either open his eyes (heart and mind as well) towards a delicate situation such as this, or: I would GLADLY guide him out of "cowtown" (tar and feathered) on a rail! I sincerely hope that in any case, there will be justice (and compassion) shown for that little eight-year-old boy.
This is only my view, but I view it very stongly.
I admire your conviction, compassion, and concern towards a matter such as this.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Wally said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

DS ... you know what they say - a good gasting of the flabber will never hurt anyone!

:)

5:39 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Hi Carol,

This is truly a sad story to hear. That poor boy. I'm completely with you, that principal should have put a lot more thought into his actions and shown a better example. The man should be more than shot through his testicles.

I'm hoping the boy has a good, strong family at home to help him through this horrible ordeal. He needs it and deserves it.

Thanks for sharing this, even though it's painful to hear.

Beth

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home