March 02, 2005

Oh What Things May Come ...

I've been reading many blog posts lately by way of random access, my own links or links from links from other links. Man, people certainly have a lot to say. In some cases I drop a comment and in other cases, I simply haven't the time or can't see the sense in adding my meager comment to the 237 already there. I usually like to let people know I've stopped in ~ as I enjoy reading the visitor's comments on my own blog.

Three topics were mentioned in recent readings which suddenly jolted me into one of those "holy cow I should write about that!" memory blasts. For whatever reasons, all three times I opted to continue reading and never created my own post. I'm taking a few minutes now to create a sort of nudge-list for myself so that the next time I'm staring into a blank "create" screen, I can refer back, choose a topic and get down to the business of writing.

There is no semblance of order here; neither chronologically nor by preference. These are simply topics I will cover in future posts. I started to list them on paper then realized it would soon disappear among the assorted piles of crap on my desk, so this seemed safer ~ besides, it's always more fun to share. As always, I'm open to feedback in the event that any particular topic strikes your fancy.


  1. Driving cross country in my Chevy, towing a Chrysler land-barge (1966 New Yorker)
  2. Arguing vehemently with a college professor over a discrepancy between the 99% he issued to me and the 100% I deserved
  3. a) Living with Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia and b) Getting a handle on Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia
  4. Earning wages in Las Vegas
  5. My three-year stint as a costumed character
  6. The day I met 150 clones of myself (nope, not kidding, wish I was)
  7. How road rage can go sour
  8. My quest to belong (not for the religiously squeamish)
  9. Our $37,000 vacation to the Cape that lasted just over an hour
  10. The heart attack I simply didn't have time for
  11. Having a gun pointed at my head by a raging lunatic while at my office job
  12. Sneaking on board a nuclear submarine (non-fiction)
  13. My very special sunburn
  14. How watching too many detective stories on TV can come in VERY handy
  15. New Jersey wasn't through with me yet (parts II and III to the Fingers and Blades incident)

I'll stop here for now.

It's important for me to mention that none of the stories I have to tell are untrue. I rarely use names, but I usually mention places and time frames. Some are based on happy and bright memories ~ others have created rather dark patches within me where cynicism, sarcasm and skepticism now abound.

I would be most interested to know if anyone stopping by this post has an interest to learn more about any one or even a few of the topics listed, so please use the comment option and let me know!

Thanks so much for reading!

8 Comments:

Blogger ShaanCho said...

I suppose I like them all! But for the sake of prioritising, how about the sunburn, followed by the lunatic, Cape vacation and TV story in that order? And the rest can follow... :)

12:21 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Hi Carol,

I think the post about meeting 150 clones of yourself sounds fascinating. Actually, I think all of the topics sound fascinating. The Cape vacation sounds pretty good and the heart attack you just didn't have time for also sounds interesting.

I look forward to all the posts!

3:17 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Good lord. I am so jealous. I want a list now.
Do them all....

8:39 AM  
Blogger Wally said...

Carol,

I'm always interested, that's why I'm always stopping by. ;-)
Hmmm... has there been a little voice in your head that says: "Write it, and they will come!"?
Okay!!! 5, 11, and 14.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

The sunburn sounds interesting, and I love religious posts. If you want to switch gears and try some fiction, see what the following seven random words bring to mind: random, killing, spree, by, giant, atomic, chickens. :)

12:14 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I want them all! Oh, my God!

Especially the lunatic. That's it. I'm going to have to come up with a list of my own.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Carol,
They all sound fantastic and really pique one's curiosity. I will get back on the blog horse shortly, work has been a killer!
Brad.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

I enjoy reading all your writing. By the time of my post, you have already written on some of these topics. I, too, often am jolted into an idea for a blog post by reading other blogs.

I began to create a computer folder for such thoughts. What a gift you have! Thx again for sharing.

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home