November 19, 2005

The Story ~ According to Hag

In the beginning, Hag created her blog, and the blog was shrouded in darkness with perky red font. The spirit of her friend proclaimed unto her that this would make for tough reading, so she looked upon the blog and said, “Let there be white,” and there was, and it divided the darkness from the light in such a way that it was … better.

She called the darkness “background” and the lightness “font.”

The Hag looked upon the blog and noticed it needed division, so she said, “Let there be an intro and sidebar.” And there was, and all was fine.

Then she realized it needed more substance. And so she said, “Let there be many written words.” And they formed and were satisfactory. She called these her “posts.”

Soon she realized her blog needed an image, and so with her own likeness, she inserted a profile picture. She saw that this was good.

The Weary Hag rested.

Then she saw that she wasn’t really supposed to rest yet, so she got back to the computer to see what else her creation needed.

She looked upon the development and saw that it needed creatures. So she began to journey through the Internet and share comments amongst the throngs … hoping they would come to enjoy her creation as much as she did theirs. And the creatures began to make visits. And she saw that this too was good.

She wanted the creatures to be fruitful and multiply, so she added a blog roll to her sidebar, knowing that they could now enjoy one another, thereby spreading their seeds along the way and coming to know one another as a community. And as she began to see this happen, there was much rejoicing!

Sometimes among the creatures, a beast will happen by, but ‘twas all good and all right and she said to herself, “…the good with the bad and the bad with the good … and this too shall come to pass.” And she was right (with the help of word verification).

And so it came to be – this blog of the Hag’s. There was wordage and diversity and chuckles and sighs. The creatures seemed happy and their seeds begat other seeds, which in turn begat visitors, which then begat comments, which even begat further comments. And she saw this and it was good. And there was MUCH rejoicing!

And in eleven months, she now rested. And she will rest until her next post which will probably be on Tuesday, depending on whether she edits it in time.



~ There is a hidden message within this post. Note the letters in green to read the message ~

37 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

Same to you, Carole!

Love how you structured this post - very entertaining!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very cool. :)

9:59 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

"She called the darkness “background” and the lightness “font.”" Ha! Very funny.

I loved this.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Happy Sunday to you too, and thanks for your lovely mesage on my blog. :)

1:51 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Carol,

Happy Sunday to you too! I love how clever you are. This is a great post. How do you keep coming up with such original ideas? I'm so thrilled I saw your site that one night while surfing. You just rock!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Wicked H said...

Hey, will you be sending out de-coders rings soon? All fancy schmancy with the hidden messages.

Happy Sunday to you too Haggie.

8:48 AM  
Blogger tonch said...

I found the message. If you rearrange all the letters in your entry it spells out the Desiderata. Very clever

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still consider myself fairly new to this blogging experience but love how it unfolds. I so enjoyed the saga of your blog. Could it be that each blog has its own story? Hmmm.. could be a lot of post material there. :-)

Happy Sunday to you too. :-)

10:34 AM  
Blogger R.Powers said...

yadnus yppah!

12:57 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

You are so smart and creative! Thanks for the wish - and right back atcha' with it.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

*pondering* quite a few begattings and seedlings running amok! Naughty! :-P

Happy Sunday to you too!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

Verily I say unto you, good shit. I thank God every day for your blog.

Amen.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Love this post! Happy Sunday to you, too.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hehehehe..What a great post, that was sooooooooooo much fun to read!
Happy Sunday to you :o)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Happy (green) Sunday to you, too. Very clever! This reminds me of a tres cool t-shirt my husband found years ago and we still have. I wish I could reproduce the forumula on the computer but I forget how to use the "special character" typing board.

Basically, it's a very long mathematical formula and then says "and there was light", obviously a play on believing in evolution... as well. Glad you ditched the red. Your blog is easy on the eyes: a good thing because I relish reading it regularly! :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

hey that was a fun rant and the hidden msg was 'Happy Sunday'
well i have never blogged on a Sunday until now, so i have one more item on my to do list

3:17 AM  
Blogger the Monk said...

u too...very cool post...amazing way to, well, show us latecomers how it all began...

3:45 AM  
Blogger sands of time said...

Well im a little late but Happy Sunday to you to.The reason people keep coming back is because you always have something interesting to say.Sometimes a story from the past othertimes your insight into something.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

BLASPHEMY! You have befouled the word of our lord with your heretical post. Why didn't I think of this first? ^_^

10:07 AM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

You are too cool! And then she rested....

12:14 PM  
Blogger sidcruise said...

A real neat one ...for a moment I thought you are GOD...are you? .....

I am working to get light skinned though but not heavier LOL ....

well Happy sunday....

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same to ya Weary! I thought you were maybe going to change the BG color here. Have a great week!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

too funny...

3:07 PM  
Blogger Rob Seifert said...

Happy Sunday to you as well! I loved the story!

RCS

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you are blogging. I am glad I am getting to know you! I don't feel witty tonight. I feel corny. Sorry.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Loved your blog evolution and I for one am happy to find your blog.
Very crafty on the hidden message

2:38 AM  
Blogger Lyvvie said...

Aww...thanks!

Hope you had a Happy Sunday too!

And an even better Tuesday. Glad to hear SJ is feeling better.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a creative sense of humor you have! I think this is one that should be widely shared...especially with the interest in blogging as it is.

Have you seen the new show "How I met your mother?" One of the characters keeps saying things like: "I'm totally going to put this on my blog!"

The hidden message just adds to the fun!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great post!!! My favorite one today! So I'm glad that the secret message wasn't "drink more ovaltine" I was worried about that.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

You are a great writer which I am sure you know. BUT you are also so very creative and funny. Put those three together and your blogs are terrific. Thanks!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Puggyspice said...

Happy Sunday to you as well! Although it is now Tuesday here. And according to you, this is supposed to be when you post again. No hurry though, I could read this one over and over. Awesome post!

8:02 PM  
Blogger jon said...

Great post! But there's something disturbingly familiar about it. Are you sure that you didn't steal this from a Spongebob episode?

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute.

9:32 PM  
Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

O.K. you inspired me and I wrote...so come back to visit! Have a great Thanksgiving!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

happy thanksgiving

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was so creative... Happy Thanksgiving to you ... and hope you have and are having a great time.. :)

3:48 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What the hell can I say now?? Everyone's said it before me. Sheesh, this is what happens when I don't get in soon enough. Hm, I'm gonna try and be your first commenter one day....I will make it my mission!

I totally loved this, you're such a talented wordsmith. "Let there be white" Damn that was good! And yeah, I wish I'd written that!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home