July 07, 2008

Remember My Letters?

If you've been hanging around Hagquarters for more than a few months now, you may recall my unsent letter posts. That's where I took care of some unfinished bidness and wrote some nasty and some nice Dear-so-and-so letters for all the world to see. Okay maybe all the world is a tad hopeful... still, it was fun ... it was release and it got the job done.


Here's one I should have included in those, but can't think of a better day to stick it into the files between D and F ~


Dear Ed ...


I'd say "Dear Mr. Hag" but not today. It is your birthday, after all, and you weren't born with that label.


Where to begin? I really like that you took the risk and answered my online personal ad nearly nine years ago; VERY cool move on your part.


You are so many things to me that it would be impossible to list them all. The patience and attention you serve up to me on a silver platter every day of your life are beyond compare.


You're the strongest man I've ever known.


I'm so proud to be with you, anytime, anwhere ... sometimes I just feel like bursting open so everyone can see the glory in my heart! Phew. You DO that to me.


For fifty-four years now, you've worked hard to be as charming, sweet, loving, caring and sexy as you are today; or did you? Were you just plain born this good?


I do love you, Ed.


Happy birthday, dear husband!


All my love ...
Your Hag




15 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Dear Mr. Hag, I wish you the happiest of birthdays and many more to come. I already know you are a lucky man - since you married Ms. Hag!!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

What a beautiful letter for the special person in your life.
Happy Birthday Ed and thank you for making The Weary Hag burst with happiness.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

Ed, happy birthday!!!

Hag, I hope someday to be as good a man as Ed is, and to make someone speak as highly of me.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That a gorgeous letter to your lovely man. Thanks for sharing it...and thanks for sharing him with us too.

Very cool to hear both of you talking in the video below, and I love the expression on your face in the second photo! Priceless.

Congrats on the great catch...both of them :)

Happy Birday Ed (belated I'm afraid, bit slow downunder these days lol)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Wicked H said...

Wishing you and Ed happiness on his birthday and ALL days.

Or shall I say, continued happiness!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Officially a Crazy Cat Lady said...

Happy Birthday Ed :) You have a lovely wife!

9:15 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

This is SUCH a nice letter! I love hearing happy people talk about how happy they are with one another.

Happy Birthday, Ed!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Not only is your love letter so nice, Mr. Hag really cleans up good!

6:00 PM  
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Hag,
I am so pleased that you found a gem,(diamond in the rough). I send belated Birthday wishes to Ed. My BD is the 20th and Mo asked what I wanted to do...Breath would be good to start, after that it is all gravy. Hope you have many more happy celebrations together.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Awwww!

I'm melting in all my soft places.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Dotm said...

Wonderful post. Happy Birthday to the special person in your life. I wish you both many many more wonderful years together. I can tell from your post that you met mister right and can see how much he makes you happy.
Nice loving post.

6:44 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Aww! That's seriously sweet. Happy birthday, Ed!

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still miss his braid. Did it grow back?

7:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I've been missing you alot! Hope all is well.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

beautiful, hag. two words that don't go together, i know. lol

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home