* G-man got tired of posing and sauntered off *
I've put together some questions about blogging for anyone who would like to participate ... you can think of it as a survey if you'd like ~ to absolutely no end other than satisfying my curiosity ~ or you can think of it as a fun post (?) to use for a rainy day when all else, topically, seems to fail.
Weary Hag's Blogger Canvass
1. While typing - do you prefer classic or italics? [my own answers are below]
2. While reading - do you prefer classic or italics?
3. Worst experience while blogging? [i.e. page froze, lost data, caught using dated or false info, typos - what made you gasp - even a li'l]
4. Best experience while blogging? [i.e. new friendship/relationship formed, wrote a post that was just short of genius, learned new com tech skill, etc]
5. Let's assume you're an avid blogger - someone at an intimate dinner or party suggests that blogging is for idiots. In what way do you beat the dog meat out of them - [read: handle the situation] - if at all?
6. Do you pass your blog URL out to people like sneeze molecules or do you generally keep it to yourself and your own group of mutual blog buddies?
7. Do you share your blog with family [children/spouse/siblings/parents] or do you deliberately keep it from them?
8. This is for those who only use a fabricated name when blogging: Do you ever wish you could tell people just exactly who you really are or are you content to remain anonymous to the masses?
9. This is for those who use their true name when blogging: Do you ever wish you had remained anonymous or are you pleased as punch to get your real self out there?
10. Of these - which is your favorite genre to read in the blogging community: [choose ONLY one]
a) how-to & advice, b) brief topics covered with a comedic edge, c) personal adventures or experiences, d) photos with captions, e) up-to-the-minute newsy type stories told with blogger's perspective or spin
11. From one to ten, when reading a blog post ... do spelling & grammar really count? (not the occasional typo). One: they don't count in the least .............. Ten: stop reading midstream and move on.
12. Have you been approached to write a book or magazine article or to contribute to an existing publication in any way, solely based upon your blog? (and I don't mean by smokinbettylou or tedthetool)
13. Do you prefer the read & comment type of post or the interactive style (like this one)?
14. Which applies to you most often? a) I read and comment, b) I read and move along ...
15. Are you involved in any other networking venues or is blogging your one and only? [i.e. FB, YT, MSpace, LiveJournal, Classmates, photo hosting sites, etc.] No need to name them unless you want to ...
I'd love to see bloggers' answers to these questions ... if you'd like to participate, could you let me know so that I can read your post?
My own answers are below ~ but I laid it out this way so that you could just copy/paste the questions themselves from above without having to go back and delete my responses.
Weary Hag's Answers:
2. Classic --- so somebody loses every time. If you prefer to type in itals, the ones who prefer to read in classic are bagged. And vice versa. I'm even screwing myself! Oh lord.
3. It's a toss-up between a lost post that was about 40k or a really insulting and sucky comment of a personal nature... both made me gasp
4. I "met" folks like Judy, and Dave Morris, Tabor and Walker and Paul, Bug, Coll and Colleen, and that's enough naming because I know I'll leave out too many important people. We don't connect daily [anymore] but they have truly become pieces to my life-jigsaw
now and they would be sorely missed if they fell under a couch cushion.
5. I would simply HAVE to say something in defense of blogging. Trouble is, they might be sorry they opened that particular can of worms... I could talk about the benefits and addiction to blogging for hours. No, I mean it.
6. I used to keep it to my blogging buds only. Now I shamelessly share it with other Net contacts (my YT channel, my MySpaces). I don't know. As I age and become more fragile, I feel it's important that people know I'm here. Well, that and ... when you realize you've virtually disappeared in certain (FAMILY) circles you were once a part of ... you clamor to recapture some sense of visibility.
7. I've shared. Only my husband shows interest. Soooo wait - doesn't this mean I can badmouth all the rest? HaH! I'm thinking Y to the ES!
8. Weary Hag has become such a part of me now. In fact, I don't know for sure that I haven't become such a part of her ... I'm ever-amazed when I google those words, either smushed together or separate ... all the leads that come up. I used to be anonymous. Now everyone who has ever asked pretty much knows I'm Carol, or Bflat (my music persona). Anonymity lasted about a week for me; I find it tough to stay the course.
9. Oh. I think there's much to be said for anonymity in the blogging community. That said though ... I must point you back to my answer number six above.
10. Shit. I've asked a question I hate. If I can only choose one that leaves out about four bloggers who I love. But ... I must choose only one ~ "c" ... probably not a huge surprise to anyone reading.
11. I give this a strong six. There's spell check and if you know you have issues with spelling ... use the mofo. If you have that "I don't give a hoot" attitude, then well ... how can I? As to grammar, I can be more forgiving, but since this Hag has coupled it with spelling - my answer is a strong six.
12. As freaking if. (I will say that I was approached by a "tedthetool" many years back in ICQ ... but he could neither spell a word nor use it in a sentence so ... )
13. Reading and commenting IS interactive, you silly Hag. I think people will understand the subtle difference here ... and I do like to interact. Spinning Girl
has a nice little interactive post almost once a week; a little word game. Fun times.
14. Oh... if I read, I usually comment. Exceptions: house on fire, hairball from one of three cats near foot, I totally don't understand what's being said or have nothing at all positive to contribute no matter how simple, but even then I'd usually say something like "I don't get it." I'm a tawka
--- I comment.
15. Wordpress (inactive), YT (highly active), Facebook (inactive), MySpace (active but only as a link to my YT! ) Blogger & YouTube are my faves.
To all who enter here ... thank you for coming.
To all who read my posts ... thank you so very much for taking the time to read me.
To all who read my posts and interact with me in any way such as: PM, email or comment ... you truly give me reason to keep the Outpost open and this is such a positive thing in my life ~ love yiz for this.